Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Friday, March 13, 2009

Recovering

Emily Grace is recovering from her surgery pretty well I guess. She has very blood red "whites" of her eyes (she even had some bloody tears in the beginning) but she doesn't complain much. I think that the redness is even more red today than right after the surgery. When it hurts (which apparently isn't often) she runs to me and says "Hurry Momma, I need my tylenol." I get it for her and that is all I hear of it. She has been spending most of her time in her favorite past time...The world of pretend role playing and putting together her jigsaw puzzles...one after another. She LOVES puzzles!! She will probably be ready to go back to Miss Kim's on Wednesday of next week and very ready to get back to her little friends, but I do worry how they will treat her with her blood red "whites" of her eyes. Although, she has only been surrounded by family and only positive words have been said, she is self conscience of it a little bit. I just wish that I could "love" the redness away and make her well :o) We will not know if the surgery was a success for another two weeks. It takes that long for the brain to decide what to do with what the doctors have done. I AM PRAYING that it was a success the first time. Some children with strabismus require 2-3 surgeries. My heart needs this one surgery to be the only one :o}
BTW: WANNA LAUGH? You will love that Emily Grace thought that since there was make up smudged on the inside of my phone that she would wash it in the sink. It is very clean but no longer works. :o) Ahhhh....Life with a 3 year old. So if you haven't heard from me or can't reach me...this is why. :o)

7 comments:

Natalie said...

Hope your little darling Emily Grace keeps healing and healing. We are praying for a quick recovery.

Briana's Mom said...

I hope her eyes heal very quickly! Thinking of all of you!

Heather said...

Awe! How brave Emily Grace is! And, her Mommy too!

Lifting you all up in prayer!

Steph said...

I hope you had insurance on your phone!! When you get a new one, call me. I am sickened by the thought of AnnaLyn's surgery April 3rd. I am so glad Emily Grace has done so well, and especially glad she didn't have a lot of pain. Our doctor told us there isn't a lot of pain involved, but I didn't believe him, and AnnaLyn can't tell me. We're still praying for you all,but I'm so glad you ALL made it through.

Mark, Carol and Siena said...

Just catching up with you. Been out of town. Best wishes for her eye to heal quickly. Doesn't even look that bad in the pic. I'm sure it will clear up soon. Her happiness will make it all better also.
(((Hugs))) to her sweet little heart.
Thinking of you guys.
Carol AKA Siena's Momma

Anonymous said...

oh dear! Nothing like the helping hands of a small child ;0!

Mick said...

Sounds like good news to me.
Kids are so resilient, it's quite amazing.
May the healing process be swift and with little pain as possible.
She's a tough cookie, I can tell. A kid that can say "Tylenol" must be a rock star and pretty smart.
Best wishes to all of you.