Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Emily Grace is 17th months old today!! Aug 2nd

Happy 17th months, sweet Emily Grace!! She is so busy and loves to explore. Nothing is safe, I mean nothing Ha Ha. She is so smart...All moms think that about their baby, but it is TRUE for mine :-) I only started her potty training at 16 months because she will lie down in front of me and do the "change my diaper" sign when it truly was time to do so. She can use baby sign language to communicate just about anything to me. It is amazing. She picks them up so fast. She comprehends English really well now and it has only been 4 months. She does whatever I ask her to do..ie: "Pick up your socks and shoes that you just took off and put them away" and she will. She can put on her own shoes (sometimes it is the wrong foot, but she can do it, though) She is beginning to talk, but still uses her signs more. She does say "cheese." Every time that she signs that she wants to eat. She says "cheese" and then signs "please." Too cute, she doesn't understand that pasta and cheese do not constitute a balanced diet. She may be Chinese but her tummy is definitely Italian. :-)

3 comments:

jennifer said...

She is so cute. I have never used the baby sign language, but I notice alot of people going to China do. Is it recommended for children who are changing languages? Just so you know, it is so not fair if she potty trains ANY time soon!!!

Robin said...

Hi, figured I'd de-lurk once again to say how much I love those box pictures. isn't it amazing how much fun boxes can be.

Love the little potty too.. it actually looked real

Kim said...

Happy 17 months Emily Grace..
Looks like she is doing very well..
Love all the pictures..
Have a great weekend.
Kim