Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Friday, August 31, 2007

Back to work :-(

A lot has transpired since I blogged last. I am a Latin teacher and school started back on August 6th. I had to hire a nanny for Emily and prepare emotionally to go back to work and to leave her. I think that she has acclimated better than I have. I have probably cried more than she for sure. I haven't worked since mid March. I have a nice situation though, I work across the street from our neighborhood and I don't have to be at work until 10am and Emily's nanny cares for her here. All seemed well in the beginning, but when school started I ended up with a really bad cold. I even missed the first Friday of school with the students. Eventuallly, David and Emily both had it as well. We were all sick and have been trying to drudge along with our daily obligations while recuperating. I have fallen behind on so much that being on the computer for anything other than updating grades has fallen to the bottom of priority list for sure. Oh yeah, during that whole issue, David and I had our wedding anniversary. We tried to celebrate, but even dinner out wore us out. We were ready for bed far too early :-(
In the mean time, I took the UGA cheerleader pics and posted them....the only energy I actually had. I do have some of Emily as a princess. She was so enamored with my earings that we had to get her a pair. These incidentally came with a princess crown. Take a look at our princess.

7 comments:

insanemommy said...

You are sooo funny! I love your comment about the "gators" going down... lol. I can't return your e-mails cuz your set up for no-reply. If you go to your settings on your blog and enter an e-mail address I can return your e-mails... *wink&. I love all the pics of Emily. Especially in the green sweater. G-d is that gorgeous. Love it.

I'm so sorry you have been sick. I started thinking something was up with you as I kept checking back and there were no updates.... I hope you start feeling well again real soon. Happy belated anniversary. How many does this make?

Lisa~~ said...

Cute pics, hope you are all well soon.

Roy and Lori said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!!!!

jennifer said...

Look how proud she is of her jewelry! Too cute! Love the pics.

I'm sorry you have been sick. That is no fun, especially going back to work. Latin? That's pretty impressive!

I hope you all get adjusted soon.

Roy and Lori said...

Hope you are feeling better!

Kim said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick... Glad you are all feeling better..
Love the pictures..
Have a Great Weekend.
Kim

insanemommy said...

You gotta start blogging on your lunch hour!