Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Saturday, September 22, 2007

STRESS...Who needs it??!!

Well, I have been out of touch this week. Our family had a terrible scare. David was in the ER this week for Chest pain that radiated into his left arm. His left hand even began to go numb and he was beginning to black out. He had a BP of 170/96 and an extremely high pulse rate. I was notified at school at 11:30 am and I was in my car by 11:32 am. They were sure he was having a heart attack?!?! What?!?! David is far too young, too healthy and in-shape for that one. He doesn't nor has he ever smoked and there isn't any heart issues in his family!! Turns out that his very stressfull job and the one hour commute to work and one hour commute home in terrible Atlanta traffic was the culprate. He rarely complains. He is one to keep it all inside. He did appear to have inflamation of the lungs (a condition that is clearly brought on by stress and mimics the symptoms of a heart attack) He still has pain....It will go away with time, but he is fine. Do you know that I couldn't even get him to stay home from work? It all becomes clear as to why this happened to him. So I have spent this week trying to make his life more pleasant when he is at home. So glad to have him when he is home :-) Oh how I love my David!!

8 comments:

Cristy said...

Oh I am so sorry you all had such a rough week, but I am glad it is nothing serious! It is so hard to get the men in our life to slow down isn't it?

You will be in our prayers for no more scares, and a quiet, relaxing weekend.

Blessings,
Cristy

Donna said...

Glad he is doing OK now! CJ scared me just like this about a year ago-he then changed jobs ;) David should have a conversation with him about all of this as I am sure they have a lot in common. Your mind can only take so much before it starts to show in the body. I hope he listens to his body!

insanemommy said...

Oh sweet girl. I feel just awful for you. I know you were scared out of your mind. Please let David know that I hope he is feeling much better. I know what a bear that Altanta traffic can be. Are there any solutions to make it more bearable for him??

Kim said...

Glad David is okay...
Glad you are all home together..
That will make his healing process faster...
You are a beautiful family..
My prayers are with you all..
Take care
Blogger Hugs Girly..
Kim

jennifer said...

How scary for you both! I am so glad that he is ok. Richard gets very stressed at work from time to time, and I worry about him too. Do you have any options to change things?

BTW - we watched the DAWGS beat AL last night! Of course, my husband will root for anyone playing AL. (the Saben thing and all)

insanemommy said...

Hello sweet Amy. Just checking in with you. Hope your "hot" dh is feeling much better and I hope you have a great week.

Big hugs. Rony

Ellen and Kevin Fay said...

Amy, Holy ____#@#$ (moly). What a scary thing. Makes you apprecite them a bit more. I was just going to log-on and see how Emily is doing and..... hope you are doing well too. This is far down the list of what is important, but when you get a second, check out Frannie's first Braves game :) My e-mail is ellenfrancesfay@yahoo.com Take care, Ellen

Jeff and Valerie said...

My gosh how scary. Glad he is okay!