Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Monday, February 23, 2009

Emily Grace's Surgery

Emily Grace has to have surgery to correct her strabismus (her left eye occasionally turns out when focusing on an object far away in her visual distance. If left untreated, she could lose the vision in her left eye altogether and the eye would permanently remain turning outward) This surgery requires that the good eye be cut on as well. The plan is to attach a muscle from the weak eye to the strong to always keep them aligned. I have to say that I am EXTREMELY uneasy about relinquishing my daughter to be put to sleep and to have both of her eyes cut on..especially after seeing the possible risks from the surgery on the papers that we are required to sign. I promise you that I will need some sort of valium to go through with it. Currently, the surgery is scheduled for March 11th. May I please ask all of you for your prayers during scary but necessary time for us??!!! Please pray that Emily Grace emerges healthy, whole and with a successful surgery behind her without any complications. Please also pray that I am strong enough for her during this time!!!!!
I thank you in advance for the much needed prayers!!
Amy

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm saying a prayer right now for Emily Grace.

my3 kids said...

We sure will be praying for your sweet girl. I know how scary it is to know your child is being put to sleep and having surgery. Our Kira had her tonsils and adenoids removed when she was younger. Hugs to you and all the best. I am sure all will be just fine:)

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

You are never far from my thoughts. Big hugs Emily Grace!!!

Jackie Sue said...

I will be praying. I'd need some drugs too :) hang in there momma...trust in the Lord He will not fail you.

dogowner said...

We will be praying for you all. Know you are loved in Wisconsin.

DAVID AND AMY VENN'S WEBSITE said...

Thank you so very much for the prayers!!! Trust me, we all need them!! Hope you all are doing well!!
Amy

Molly's Mommy said...

We are praying hard too here!! I can't imagine- I definitely agree drugs are in order!!
XO

Angela and Jay said...

Praying for you all. Praying that God will give wisdom to every Doctor and nurse that cares for Emily Grace. Also, praying that He will give you and David peace and strength. Please keep us posted.

Mick said...

May the good graces be with all of you. We are thinking of you and send you healthy vibes, caring thoughts and we wish for a super speedy recovery.

Briana's Mom said...

I am saying a prayer for all of you. Sending you all big hugs...

Cristy said...

Praying for your sweet girl! We know first hand how hard it is to hand them over for surgery, but I pray peace will wash over you during the whole process!

Please keep us posted on how she is doing.

Anonymous said...

We will be covering Emily Grace in prayer from Maryland...we'll mark the date on our calendar. I'd be a nervous wreck too Amy....praying you will feel at peace. God is in control!

Hugs & Blessings,
The Callahans

Anonymous said...

Amy, let us pray you through this. The surgery is on Jane's family day. I will remember.

Donna said...

Praying she (and mommy) will be perfectly OK. Surgeries are tough, but the rewards are worth it. Hope to see you guys soon at a first Friday meeting!

Anonymous said...

Emily Grace is already in my thoughts and prayers. March 11 is my birthday and on that day, what I say goes. And I say that Miss EG will do great and pull through like a champ. Her momma is a fighter and I'm sure she is too. :)

Mark, Carol and Siena said...

Your whole family are in our thoughts. Much love and happy endings.
Siena & family.