Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Emily Grace's visit with Santa Claus

Last year, Emily Grace called Santa Claus "Ho Ho." She seemed interested in having her picture made with him so we stood in line and watched all of the other children have their pictures made and when it was our turn, she clutched onto me for life and screamed "NO NO HO HO" so we left and I just had to laugh. This year in preparation of the event, I showed her pictures of myself and of David and her age with Santa Claus and we began watching classic movies and such. I began talkin' up the fellow like I was on his publicity crew. This year, she was so excited that she nearly pushed the little fellow in front of her off of Santa's lap just so she could get on. She was so excited that she smiled right away and they snapped the picture before I could "pose her or straighten our her dress." It was so cute, she began telling him all that she had planned to tell him about what she wanted for Christmas and even told him what a "good little girl" she had been ... yeah, let me tell you that it sure hasn't been every day :-) My favorite, though, was when she asked him to say "Ho Ho Ho". He did and then he hugged her. David held me close and I cried during the whole thing thinking about how we had dreamed of this very moment. We couldn't believe that our dream was truly a reality!!!! I love Christmas!! I definitely KNOW the reason for the season!! Thank you Jesus for our amazing daughter!!! She is everything and more that we dreamed of and prayed for!!!

5 comments:

Molly's Mommy said...

What a beautiful Christmas Angel!!!

jennifer said...

You made me cry. I'm so happy for you, and the wonderful Christmas you're going to have with your precious little girl.

Anonymous said...

Amy,

Isn't our God gracious and the best giver of gifts!

Merry Christmas!
xx

Rhonda and Gerry W said...

She is as gorgeous as ever and getting to be such a big girl. Have a fabulous Christmas.

Thinking of you from AZ!

Mark, Carol and Siena said...

So sweet. Now I'm going to cry. She is a doll. I know you must have had a wonderful Christmas.
Carol