Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Emily Grace is using the potty!!!

As of July 11th, I am proud to say that Emily Grace is using the potty!!!! O.k. she is only going number 1, but she is still doing it, nonetheless!!!! She did it all for a couple of MMs and a piece of trident gum each time of course, but whatever works we will do. She is very aware that she isn't to go in her panties, so she has asked me if she could wear diapers for nap time and during the night. Of course, I obliged. I just want to keep her doing it. So during the day when she is ready to go number 2, she will ask if she can wear her diaper for a little while. So that it what we do. I laugh each time. She isn't the least bit interested in using the potty for number 2, but I am encouraged that we will get there some time soon. I am so proud of her!!!! I found this great fold up and go potty seat for public use from "One step ahead." As of yesterday, we got over the "public potty hump." I can't say that I blame her for only wanting to go at home :-)

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thats awesome!

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

Way to go Emily!!

jennifer said...

Too cute. My children had the same reservations about #2. Braden would do it everyday at nap time when he had a diaper. He eventually got over it.

I can't believe how big she has gotten! She is adorable.

Angela and Jay said...

Good job, Emily Grace!

Hope we're able to get together again soon! :-)

Mark, Carol and Siena said...

Thank you for your comment on Siena/ Blog, Amy. I'm so glad you are back on your Blog. I used to follow, then I know you had some trouble but glad you're back.
Emily is so grown up! She's a smart little sweet pea. These girls are something else. Right?

Take Care.
Carol

Anonymous said...

Yippee Emily Grace! You go girl! Ande actually just went pee pee on the potty for the very first time tonight! She was so proud....she had to run & find her Baba to tell him. We'll still be using pull-ups for a while, but it's progress! What happened to our baby girls??? They are growing up so fast!
Take Care,
Dorothy

Jeannie Mae Caswell said...

That is awesome Emily, I am so glad that you are becoming a big girl and can not wait to see you again. Love Jeannie

insanemommy said...

I haven't been to your blog in such a long time I feel guilty! Emily is getting to be such a big girl. AND using the potty?!?! woo. Way to go girl.