Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Gotcha Day Anniversary

April 2nd marks our 1st full year with our amazing little angel!! At this very moment, an entire year ago, our hearts were all a flutter anticipating the meeting of our new daughter. I was eager and fearful all at the same time. Was I really prepared? Had I read enough parenting information? Would I know what to do? The moment they placed this little miracle in my arms, I was calm and I felt absolutely sure that I knew everything that I needed to know to love and care for her!! It was a very blessed moment. I have tears in my eyes as I write this. I absolutely believe in my heart she was destined to be our daughter from the first moment she was created! Thank you God for our precious gift. We praise you for the opportunity to be her parents!!

8 comments:

Tonya Cotton :o) said...

Hey Amy, David & Sweet Emily ~ I have been looking at your site for some time now, never smart enough to know how to sign in. Thank goodness for teenagers !! Your Emily is so precious, you all look so happy !!! If ya get a chance I just took pictures of Sara, you can view them online like yours.
http://www.coreyconroyphotography.com

go to proofing and the password is cotton all lower case letters. She is 20 months.

I sure hope we can get together soon, John & Chrissy keep inviting us. You should come here, we have plenty of room ! (((((HUGS))))) to all. :o)
Tonya

Briana's Mom said...

I can't believe it has been an entire year! Congrats! Happy 1 year as a beautiful family!

jennifer said...

I can't believe it's been a year. I remember following your journey. What a blessing she is!

insanemommy said...

Oh Amy I am so sorry that I missed your Anniversary Day. I know if you're like me it seems as if the first year flew. Actually, so did the second! We just celebrated too.... Hugs. She gets more beautiful with each passing day. It's so obvious how much she is loved.

Kim said...

Can't believe it has been a year...
Emily is soooo adorable..
Have a Great Weekend..

Mark, Carol and Siena said...

Congrats on One Year guys!
Glad your computer is working now. Emily is really a sweet little girl. So sad we don't have babies any more but aren't we proud of our little girls?!Hope all goes well with her eye therapy. You must go with your heart on this. I know I would too. Sending Happy Vibes!
Carol in Va.

Colleen said...

Wow - a whole year already?? Congratulations.

Cristy said...

Congratulations on one year home! It is wonderful to have them longer than they have been without us, isn't it!