Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Huge Update

Here it is, almost a complete year since we were blessed with the most amazing little angel in the world. We can't even believe how quickly this year has flown by and although we have been out of blog touch (not intentionally) we are back with so much to tell. Emily has recently had the most amazing Christmas where she has learned to cook in her new kitchen, she has turned 2 and learned to ride a tricycle, become the most aggressive Easter egg hunter in the neighborhood and unfortunately has been diagnosed with Intermittent Exotropia Strabismus (momentarily drifting eye that could result in loss of sight if left untreated) It was recommended that she have surgery. We scheduled it for April 9th...this never sat well with me. After lengthy hours of research and prayer, I have come to decision to post-pone the surgery and try alternative medicine...Vision Therapy. If it doesn't work, we have time to permit surgery, but I honestly feel in my heart that this will work. Enjoy some new pics of Emily Grace and please keep her in your prayers as we begin this journey.

4 comments:

Chani's Bow Making Mama said...

So sorry to hear of Emily Grace's eye problems. Hopefully the vision therapy will work. It's good that you have time to test this less agressive method first and only use the surgery as a last resort.

As to the surgeon, don't let one negative opinion discourage you. From everything else that you've said about him, he sounds like a good doctor.

jennifer said...

I have been wondering where you've been! Love the pics. She has grown SO much. It's hard to believe. I am so sorry about her eye. You have to follow your gut sometimes with these things. I think you're doing the right thing. I will pray that God will heal her eyes.

Mission To Macie said...

I will pray for her eyes too!

She is so adorable. I still think she looks a little like my Macie.

Jill :)
www.missiontomacie.blogspot.com

Briana's Mom said...

I am so glad you posted again! Emily Grace is growing up so fast and she is just beautiful.

So sorry to hear about Emily Grace's eye condition. I really hope the therapy works wonders. And sometimes it is necessary to even get a third opinion from a doctor. I will be praying for little Emily Grace.