Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Friday, June 15, 2007

A REAL Emily Grace update

Wow! We have been so busy just enjoying our daughter that we haven't really updated the blog. We have been home for two months now and our little angel has progressed so quickly that she isn't even the same baby whom we met in China. She has so much personality that I am entertained all day with her. She smiles, laughs and sings constantly. She is ever so busy too. She NEVER stops. She literally moves from one thing to the next. She, however, will stay focused on one item for a matter of time before moving on. I began baby sign language with her in China, but it was a while before I saw her use it, but THE DAY that she decided to use her signs, she began to use ALL of them (sometimes, she would use two at a time) I was shocked and so impressed. She knows and uses signs for the following: milk, more, eat, finished, wait, cracker, change my diaper, water, drink, please and thank you. It is so helpful to actually be able to communicate with her and know what she wants. Also, Emily had never had any "floor time" before we got her, but in no time, she was crawling on her feet and hands (too cute) then, she moved onto pulling herself up and walking along edges. Soon, she was walking a few steps at at time, but this week, she decided that she was just going to walk and she is walking EVERY WHERE. I am so proud of her, but I cried and cried. We just received our BABY and now she is a toddler. I just want this time to slow down a bit. Of course, the same day that Emily began walking ever where was the same day that she decided that she wanted to run. It all happens so quickly. HERE ARE PICS OF EMILY STAGES FROM HER CRAWL TO WALKING! So fast.

3 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

That is wonderful! Glad to hear Emily is doing so well. Don't worry about her growing up to fast! You have so many fun years ahead!

jennifer said...

I'm so happy to see an update, and see how well she is doing! She is the cutest thing. You are truly blessed.

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Wow! She is doing great! I know what you mean ~ I'm always saying to DH that LiLi is growing up to fast!