Introducing Emily Grace Mei Venn

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Our First Day in Beijing

Our first full day in Beijing was very eventful! Thankfully, it was sunny, however it was EXTREMELY windy and very cold! We toured the Forbidden City, Tieneman Square and the Summer Palace. We also visited a silk factory and learned how silk was made. Of course, I had to buy some traditional outfits for Emily Grace and me! All of the places were very beautiful and centuries old. We had to keep pinching ourselves along with the other members of our group and reminding each other that we were half way around the world! The other members of our group are all very nice and just as excited as us. It is still very surreall that we will meet our baby in less than 48 hours. We have also eaten some very "interesting" meals that all seem to taste like chicken. Ha! Ha! It's 1:00 AM Sunday morning, so I guess we shold get some sleep. We visit The Great Wall later today and will post some pictures as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so glad to read you are in China and enjoying your first day. It must be so exciting to be so close to seeing Emily Grace. Alicia and I can't wait to go there in a few weeks for Jordan.

Can't wait to see pics of Emily Grace when your receive. What a blessing from God she will be.

Jeff & Alicia

M,R,J1,J2 said...

Awesome pictures! Tastes like chicken...hm??? I'm glad you're having a good time in Beijing and "Happy Gotcha Day"!

Anonymous said...

Wow! China looks amazing! We hope you can take us there some day and show us around. We are so excited for you!!! Have a wonderful time on your journey to emily!!!

Pixel Fairy Princess said...

Wow - love the pictures, but can't wait to see you holding your beautiful baby!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for yall to meet Emily. I know that the both of you will be fabulous parents. Please, let me know if there is anything I can do for yall. I love you! Good luck!

Colleen said...

YAY!! So glad you are there. I cannot wait to see the big day!!

Mick said...

Looking good! Now bring that Baby!